Hello Supply Family,
It's hard to believe it's been over four years since I clicked "go live" on the Kickstarter campaign that launched Supply. We've come so far in four years, and we have you to thank for it. We are so grateful.
When I started this company, I was young and dumb - and I've learned a lot over the years. One thing I've learned about is how expensive it is to run a business that prides itself on superior products, premium ingredients, and top-tier customer service.
We really mean it when we say we put you first. Always. There are a lot of companies out there that sell cheap rebranded crap and paste their logos on women's butts all to make a buck and move on.
That's not us.
We're more interested in offering world-class products and providing the best experience we can dream of. Period. We always think about the product first - and the numbers second. If I wasn't proud of what I made, I wouldn't put my name on it. I'd shut this whole thing down.
Here's the point: we've invested a ton of our heart, soul, and life savings in building the best products on the market, and we've frankly never charged enough for them. I'm writing to let you know that there are significant changes coming to our pricing and product lines.
We've worked on this for over a year, and I'm very proud of what we're rolling out. There are a lot of moving pieces, so listen up!
The following changes will go live on November 1st:
(1) The Single Edge 2.0 will now ship with all three shave settings included. Currently it ships with just the Classic shave setting. We're making this change because we think it's a much better customer experience for you.
(2) The price on the Single Edge in stainless steel will be going up significantly. We're still deciding how much, but it will probably be around $150 for the razor and all three settings (compared to $108 today for the same).
(3) We will be introducing a brand new chrome alloy Single Edge 2.0, and offering it for around $75 including all three shave settings. I'm really, really proud of this razor and excited to offer it to you.
(4) We have designed an entirely new blade injector and sourced brand new, improved blades for the Single Edge. It will cost $6 for a pack of 8 blades, which is an increase from our current pack at $10 for 20.
(5) For existing customers that wish to continue purchasing the old pack of blades, we will still offer them at the same price for at least the next 6 months, and probably longer if we see demand.
(6) For customers willing to switch over to the new design, we have something exciting planned for you. We'll be offering you free blades for life on qualifying purchases. Never pay for razor blades again (really).
Trust me - I know that's a lot. We'll be rolling out more details over the coming days, so stay tuned to your inbox to learn more about the changes coming.
And one last thing. If you've been thinking about getting the stainless steel Single Edge 2.0, believe me when I tell you that now is the time to grab it. Don't wait until Black Friday. I promise, it will never be more affordable than it is today.
With warmth and gratitude,
Founder / CEO