Tip #2: Prep Your Skin
A little know fact: what you do to prepare your skin for the shave is essential to getting the best shave possible. Even if your skin isn't naturally sensitive, shaving still can take a hefty toll on it. This is why it's important to do your best to protect and prep skin by getting your legs exfoliated and hair properly ready.
Warm water is your best friend during a shave. Take a warm shower, hot bath or even just use a warm, damp towel to soften the hairs you're about to shave. Our face wash is great for moisturizing and cleaning out your pores while also softening leg hair for a shave.
Consider using a shave brush to apply your shaving cream. In addition to application, it will exfoliate and help slough off old, dead skin cells. Plus, it does wonders to prepare skin by lifting hair to optimal shave angle and opening up pores.
How To Create A Thick Lather
- Grab a bowl, like our Marble Shave Bowl, or mug and run it underneath warm water and let it sit for a minute to heat up the bowl.
- Dump out the water and grab your shaving cream. Take a finger scoop and rub it into the bottom of the bowl or mug.
- Take your shave brush and hold it under running to water, and then using vigorous, circular motions whip up a thick lather in your bowl or mug.
- If the lather seems too watery, add in a little more shave cream. If it seems too thick, add in a little water. Adjust to your preference.
- Take your brush loaded with lather and apply to your legs and wherever else you'd like to shave. Don't forget to get the lather trapped inside the brush by wrapping your hand around the base of the bristles and squeezing up.