Great question - we actually think it's a steal! Here's why:
1) It saves you money in the long run. The Single Edge is a bigger investment upfront, but costs a fraction of the price over time. After two years with a Multi Blade Razor, you end up paying about twice as much because of cartridge expenses.
2) It's customizable. Multi-blade razors are a"one-size-fits-all" approach to shaving. But your skin and preferences are unique, so your razor should be too. That's why you can customize your shave with the Single Edge and it's three proprietary shave settings - Sensitive, Comfortable, and Ultra Close.
3) It's guaranteed for life. The Single Edge is engineered from 100% metal (and zero plastic). Which means it won't rust, won't break, and carries a lifetime guarantee to back it up.
4) It's a more intuitive shave. Not all single blade razors are created equal. Many are intimidating to use for first timers: causing cuts, nicks and burns. That's why we created the Single Edge. It's the easiest way to begin shaving with a single blade.
5) It's a safer, faster blade load. All other single blade razors require you to unwrap and load thin, sharp blades by hand. Not with the Single Edge. Blade changes are lightning fast, dead simple, and touch free.
6) The blades are 2x thicker. Our blades are twice as thick as blades that are used in both multi-blade and single blade razors, which means they flex less, they cut cleaner, and they last longer. No flex means no blade chatter, which is a common issue with both multi-blade and single blade razors - causing irritation, nicks, and cuts. Most users get anywhere from 8-10 shaves out of our blades.